Brand attributes are both functional and emotional associations that are assigned to a brand. They can establish a brand identity.
Microsoft’s Brand Attributes
Human, Connected, Intelligent.
Jeff Hansen, GM of Microsoft Brand Strategy, gives you an EXCELLENT example and presentation of what a Brand should do, and can do, for your business. Watch the video here:
It’s starts with Microsoft’s “Why” – Empowering Others. “Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.”
Their How: They believe every business is a technology business and “We believe technology is a powerful force for good…”
Their What: In order to fulfill their mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, they make software and hardware for businesses and everyday users.
The word “Microsoft” is a linguistic blend of words using the words “microcomputer” and “software”. Essentially means that Microsoft is not just a software company but also a hardware company.
History of Microsoft
- 1972–1985: The founding of Microsoft
- 1985–1994: Windows and Office
- 1995–2007: Foray into the Web, Windows 95, Windows XP, and Xbox
- 2011–2014: Windows 8/8.1, Xbox One, Outlook.com, and Surface devices
- 2014–present: Windows 10, Microsoft Edge and HoloLens
Additional things we talk about
- Dec. 8, 2016 – Microsoft completes acquisition of LinkedIn
- Is LinkedIn worth it?
- What is a simple Social Media strategy for LinkedIn? How can business owners use it?
- What’s the number of users as of 2020?
- What are some Microsoft products do you use?
- Xbox 360
- Internet Explorer
- Visual Studio
Remember to tune in on our website at: https://nerdbrandagency.com or iTunes or Spotify, and keep your NerdBrand Strong!
Visit us at: https://nerdbrandagency.com/podcast/