Vetiver Aromatics is a leading DTC eCommerce brand selling perfume making kits, supplies, and more using the Shopify platform.
Over the course of managing Vetiver’s Google Ads, we have seen outstanding results.
- We’re meeting a consistent 6x return on ad spend (ROAS) each month, meaning the campaigns are generating $6 in revenue for every $1 in ad spend.
- April 2020 was nearly the highest revenue generating month in Vetiver’s five-year history (only slightly edged out by December holiday sales).
Vetiver Aromatics Pay-Per-Click and Google Shopping Advertising Case Study
- From March to April 2020, website sessions from our pay-per-click search campaigns increased by 172% and revenue increased by 244%.
- By restructuring campaigns, Vetiver Aromatics is able to make data-driven decisions and better understand what products are in high demand among prospective customers.
With NerdBrand in the driver’s seat, Vetiver Aromatics is on pace for exceptional revenue growth in 2020, having essentially doubled the size of the company within just a few months of managing ads.
Pay-Per-Click Campaign Results
In early 2020, Vetiver Aromatics approached us for assistance increasing sales on their eCommerce store, particularly by way of digital advertising. We were tasked with managing the client’s advertising budget, along with these tasks:
- Audit and set up of advertising campaigns on Google Ads
- Development of advertising message and creative
- Ongoing management and optimization of digital advertising campaigns
- Monthly reporting for return on ad spend (ROAS) and other campaign performance metrics
We first set out to audit the client’s historic use of Google Ads, including campaign structures, placements, budgets, bidding, conversion tracking, and more. Our team was quick to spot a number of issues and errors.
The most significant error was a previous ads manager had set up a Purchase Goal in Google Analytics to trigger on every single page visit, meaning when someone visited any page on the website, it was tracked equivalent to a purchase.
This was causing significant discrepancies between conversions and sales data, and led search ads to spend inefficiently due to improper conversion optimization. We altered Google Tag Manager to correctly attribute conversions and cleared up the discrepancies over the course of a couple months.
A couple other important issues we resolved were:
- We identified over a dozen products with minor errors preventing them from getting approved for Google Shopping Ads. We revised photos, SKUs, descriptions, and more to bring the products into compliance.
- We noticed budgets on individual campaigns were set substantially higher than necessary. For example, some campaigns were budgeted to spend upwards of 4x as much as they had historically spent. Other campaigns were set up and had budget allocated to them, but were getting zero impressions. We revised the campaigns, removed those that were not serving, and reallocated budget differences to campaigns with higher yields.
With errors cleaned up and a good foundation established, we then moved onto restructuring past campaigns and starting new campaigns, including responsive, retargeting, and remarketing ads.
As with all of our clients, we’ve worked collaboratively and transparently with Vetiver, meeting periodically to review monthly performance, as well as discuss strategies and opportunities.